Do you test on animals?
No. We do not test our product, at any stage, on animals. Nor have the ingredients we use been tested on animals.
Proud to report that we are Leaping Bunny & PETA (Vegan too) approved.
Leaping Bunny's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
PETA's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
GENTLE FOAMING CLEANSER
Is your product gluten-free?
Yes. The ingredients in our Gentle Foaming Cleanser are gluten-free. We have tested for gluten in our final product and it is not present.
Is your product gluten-free?
The ingredients in our Clarifying Cream are gluten-free. While we do not test for gluten, we believe that it is not present in our final product and we do not believe there is a possibility of cross-contamination.
Are all silvers the same?
No. Microsilver, in contrast to chemical compounds of silver, offers significant advantages. It is photo-stable and has, as the only form of silver, a depot effect. Furthermore it requires no carrier substance such as zeolites or citric acid. The quality and active mechanism of the ingredient are consistent.
Is Microsilver safe?
- Microsilver is the only pure metallic silver with LONG-TERM-EFFECT for the safe use in personal care products.
- Microsilver is free of side effects.
- Microsilver is Eco-friendly and does not pose any threat to the environment in applied concentrations.
- More safety information available upon request.
Is Microsilver the same as colloidal silver?
NO. Colloidal silver, also called "silver water“, contains nanoparticles with a mean size of 50 nm (nanometers). Microsilver particles are roughly 200 times larger, with a mean size of 10μm (micrometers). As such, microsilver particles do not penetrate skin or mucosal tissue.
Is microsilver the same as Silver salts?
NO. As pure metallic elemental silver, microsilver must be distinguished from silver salts (citrate, for example), in terms of it's composition, structure and cleansing mechanism.
- Long-lasting effect: in comparison with traditional silver powder, microsilver offers a far superior total free surface thanks to its sponge-like structure. Microsilver is thus able to generate enough silver ions and over a long period of time (depot and time-release effect).
- A study has shown the superiority of microsilver in formulation (see below). Thanks to its composition and special structure, microsilver guarantees a level of silver ions in the finished product that is superior to that obtained with an identical concentration of silver in the form of salt. There is thus better microbial cleansing activity over time.
How was microsilver developed?
Microsilver was developed in cooperation with the famous Fraunhofer Gesellschaft as it conducts application-oriented research for direct use and to the advantage of consumers.
This synergistic union has created a highly porous micrometer sized pure silver particle that cannot be absorbed nor penetrate the skin’s barrier, creating a safe & effective product that cleanses the skin of environmental microorganisms.
Microsilver is 99.9% silver. Due its physical properties, it delivers silver on a much larger surface area to the skin’s surface. It does not penetrate the skin but sits on top where it releases silver ions once in contact with moisture.
The patented design of microsilver allows its incorporation into creams and aqueous solutions.
How is the Clarifying Cream preserved?
Our Clarifying Cream is a cosmetic product that has passed all tests in accordance with the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) 51 guidelines, administered by a Health Canada licensed lab. The microsilver in our formula not only safely and effectively helps to support the skin, it also functions as the preservative.
Is the Clarifying Cream safe for pregnant and breast feeding moms?
While we do not have test data specific to pregnant or lactating women, studies have shown microsilver is safe and will not penetrate the skin or mucosal tissue.