Do you test on animals?
No. We do not test our product, at any stage, on animals. Nor have the ingredients we use been tested on animals.
Proud to report that we are Leaping Bunny & PETA (Vegan too) approved.
Leaping Bunny's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
PETA's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
Hypoallergenic & Non-Irritant
The Clarifying Cream and Gentle Foaming Cleanser were tested under the control of a dermatologist. These products have produced no signs of continuous irritation nor of skin sensitization. They are therefore considered non-irritant and hypoallergenic.
Can your products be used on all skin types?
Yes. Our products are designed for all skin-types 1-6 (light to dark skin), normal to sensitive skin, regardless of age.
A good practice before incorporating a new product into your routine, is to conduct a 24 hr patch test. Here's an easy way to help predict if you will have a negative initial reaction to a new product.
- Apply a small amount of the product onto a clean area of skin on the upper forearm.
- Keep the area dry.
- After 24 hours rinse the area.
- If any redness, burning, itching, blistering or irritation is observed at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.
GENTLE FOAMING CLEANSER
Is your product gluten-free?
Yes. The ingredients in our Gentle Foaming Cleanser are gluten-free. We have tested for gluten in our final product and it is not present.
Is your product gluten-free?
The ingredients in our Clarifying Cream are gluten-free. While we do not test for gluten, we believe that it is not present in our final product and we do not believe there is a possibility of cross-contamination.
Does the Clarifying Cream cause inflammation with over-use?
No. Unlike acids & peroxides, the micronized silver in our Clarifying Cream is inert. As such, there is no risk of side effects with long-term use. This is especially important for darker skin types that may be prone to Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH), or changes in skin pigment.
Are all silvers the same?
No. Micronized silver, in contrast to chemical compounds of silver, offers significant advantages. It is photo-stable and has, as the only form of silver, a depot effect. Furthermore it requires no carrier substance such as zeolites or citric acid. The quality and active mechanism of the ingredient are consistent.
Is micronized silver safe?
- Micronized silver is the only pure metallic silver with LONG-TERM-EFFECT for the safe use in personal care products.
- Micronized silver is free of side effects.
- Micronized silver is Eco-friendly and does not pose any threat to the environment in applied concentrations.
- More safety information available upon request.
Is micronized silver the same as colloidal silver?
NO. Colloidal silver, also called "silver water“, contains nanoparticles with a mean size of 50 nm (nanometers). Micronized silver particles are roughly 200 times larger, with a mean size of 10μm (micrometers). As such, micronized silver particles do not penetrate skin or mucosal tissue.
Is micronized silver the same as Silver salts?
NO. As pure metallic elemental silver, micronized silver must be distinguished from silver salts (citrate, for example), in terms of it's composition, structure and cleansing mechanism.
- Long-lasting effect: in comparison with traditional silver powder, micronized silver offers a far superior total free surface thanks to its sponge-like structure. Micronized silver is thus able to generate enough silver ions and over a long period of time (depot and time-release effect).
- A study has shown the superiority of micronized silver in formulation (see below). Thanks to its composition and special structure, micronized silver guarantees a level of silver ions in the finished product that is superior to that obtained with an identical concentration of silver in the form of salt. There is thus better microbial cleansing activity over time.
How is the Clarifying Cream preserved?
Our Clarifying Cream is a cosmetic product that has passed all tests in accordance with the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) 51 guidelines, administered by a Health Canada licensed lab. The micronized silver in our formula not only safely and effectively helps to support the skin, it also functions as the preservative.
Is the Clarifying Cream safe for pregnant and breast feeding moms?
While we do not have test data specific to pregnant or lactating women, studies have shown micronized silver is safe and will not penetrate the skin or mucosal tissue.