Do you test on animals?
No. We do not test our product, at any stage, on animals. Nor have the ingredients we use been tested on animals.
Proud to report that we are Leaping Bunny & PETA (Vegan too) approved.
Leaping Bunny's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
PETA's list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.
Is your product gluten-free?
The ingredients in our Clarifying Cream are gluten-free. While we do not test for gluten, we believe that it is not present in our final product and we do not believe there is a possibility of cross-contamination.
Are all silvers the same?
No. MicroSilver BG™, in contrast to chemical compounds of silver, offers significant advantages. It is photo-stable and has, as the only form of silver, a depot effect. Furthermore it requires no carrier substance such as zeolites or citric acid. The quality and active mechanism of the ingredient are consistent.
Is MicroSilver BG™ safe?
- MicroSilver BG™ is the only pure metallic silver with LONG-TERM-EFFECT for the safe use in personal care products.
- MicroSilver BG™ is free of side effects.
- MicroSilver BG™ is Ecofriendly and does not pose any threat to the environment in applied concentrations.
- No animal Tests have been performed with MicroSilver BG™ for cosmetic use.
- More safety information available upon request.
Is MicroSilver BG™ the same as colloidal silver?
NO. Colloidal silver, also called "silver water“, contains nanoparticles with a mean size of 50 nm (nanometers). MicroSilver BG particles are roughly 200 times larger, with a mean size of 10μm (micrometers). As such, MicroSilver BG particles do not penetrate skin or mucosal tissue.
Is MicroSilver BG™ the same as Silver salts?
NO. As pure metallic elemental silver, MicroSilver BG™ must be distinguished from silver salts (citrate, for example), in terms of it's composition, structure and antimicrobial effectiveness.
- Long-lasting effect: in comparison with traditional silver powder, MicroSilver BG™ offers a far superior total free surface thanks to its sponge-like structure. MicroSilver BG™ is thus able to generate enough silver ions and over a long period of time (depot and time-release effect).
- A study has shown the superiority of MicroSilver BG™ in formulation (see below). Thanks to its composition and special structure, MicroSilver BG™ guarantees a level of silver ions in the finished product that is superior to that obtained with an identical concentration of silver in the form of salt. There is thus better antimicrobial cleansing activity over time.
How was MicroSilver BG™ developed?
MicroSilver BG™ was developed in cooperation with the famous Fraunhofer Gesellschaft as it conducts application-oriented research for direct use and to the advantage of consumers.
This synergistic union has created a highly porous micrometer sized pure silver particle that cannot be absorbed nor penetrate the skin’s barrier, creating a safe & effective product that cleanses the skin of harmful microorganisms.
MicroSilver BG™ is 99.9% silver. Due its physical properties, it delivers silver on a much larger surface area to the skin’s surface. It does not penetrate the skin but sits on top where it releases silver ions once in contact with moisture.
The patented design of MicroSilver BG™ allows its incorporation into creams and aqueous solutions.
Are there side-effects?
Our product was designed with non-toxic and skin friendly ingredients; however, as with any product, we advise each person to do a patch test on a small area to make sure there is no reaction to any of the ingredients.