Prior to formulating our Clarifying Cream, we were diligent about monitoring our 2yr old daughter’s persistent eczema. We kept a diary to track weather, allergens and we employed methods such as elimination diets and used prescribed topical treatments, all to monitor and manage her flare-ups. What we discovered is that modifying diet is doable & manageable and that while the use of medicated creams is effective for short-term use, it was not a viable long-term management solution. Motivated by this experience and with Rick’s vast knowledge of skin care development, we set forth to create a vegan and cruelty-free brand.
Zyderma® takes a forward-thinking, eco-scientific approach to daily skin care. Rather than replace the body’s mechanisms, products should support & strengthen our skin’s biome - a veritable “pharmacy” of microflora that are an integral part of a healthy appearance.
We believe this is a more responsible approach to skincare than solely relying on conventional products with harsh ingredients and sanitizers that strip healthy organisms (or microflora) that our skin relies upon to maintain a healthy and balanced appearance.
We’ve learned through the process of discovery that one’s journey toward a healthy and balanced lifestyle should include the interconnectivity of the mind, body, spirit, and emotions. When seeking resolution or an understanding of one’s goal, take skin issues for instance, it’s often necessary to investigate the root of a problem through both dietary and environmental triggers based on lifestyle and/or genetic predisposition. Our skin is the body’s largest organ and Zyderma® products can be integrated as part of a holistic approach because they were designed to support and to work in tandem with the skin’s natural function.
The skin’s microbiome may also become imbalanced by the presence of environmental microorganisms that can contribute to the appearance of reddened and/or irritated skin, as was the case with our daughter. Choosing products that the support the skin is an important step when creating a balanced routine.
The Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Clarifying Cream are two such products perfect for daily skin care. Together these products support a healthy appearance by reducing the impact of skin straining microbes. Both products are formulated without fragrance or harsh ingredients and are dermatologist-tested (hypoallergenic and a non-irritant) so they are suitable for people of all ages with delicate and sensitive skin types.
The Gentle Foaming Cleanser has a rich long-lasting foam that works with aloe and the most delicate of surfactants to cleanse impurities from the skin without stripping the lipid barrier. This sebo-normalizing activity helps reduce the appearance of irritation associated with traditional cleansers while leaving the skin’s protective barrier intact.
Clarifying Cream ingredients provide a light layer of moisture, along with the unique benefits of micronized silver. Micronized silver helps support the skins healthy appearance, while cleansing the skin of environmental microorganisms and will remain upon the skins surface all day until rinsed away.
Consider these helpful tips for the whole family:
- Keep a journal to track your goals, aspirations, and progress.
- Maintain proper hygiene (wash hands, bath/wash hair, etc.).
- Do not pop pimples. If you do, cleanse immediately to avoid spread of bacteria and apply Clarifying Cream.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure & wear sunscreen.
- Adjust your diet to include fresh fruit & vegetables, and use your journal to track foods affect your skin good or bad.
- Note when your skin flares up (emotions, seasons, temperature, diet, etc.).
- Stay hydrated.
- Reduce sugar and processed foods.
- Limit alcohol consumption & do NOT smoke.
- Include exercise as part of your daily routine (walk, yoga, swim, etc.) for physical and mental wellbeing.
- Clean your phones, sports equipment, etc. regularly.
- Choose mild clothing detergents free of harsh chemicals, dyes, and perfumes.
- Monitor how your skin responds to different fabrics.